- Ankur Katha is a one of its kind story writing opportunity for school children where – Children write stories for children to become child authors They make illustrations based on their story They may write on their own or in teams of 2/3 authors. All eligible stories are brought out as a book / e-book.
- Ankur Katha was introduced in 2013 where more than 40 children have become authors. The first edition of Ankur Katha was released by a child prodigy and the first copy handed over to H E Governor of Tamilnadu, Dr K Rosaiah Ji on 19th April 2014.
- Do you have a story to share? The whole world is listening! Unleash your creativity and become a celebrated story teller!
- Pen down a story to win an opportunity to get published in an online novel. All you have to do is write a tale based on the visual prompt and you might become a famous writer! Thousands of children are waiting to read your work! Write away!
What you need to do?
1. Unleash your creativity, write a Story based on one of these images in less than 500 words. Shorter the sweeter…
2. Sketch a Drawing – Illustrate your story colourfully in the ratio 1:1.5
3. You may also work as a team of two or three
4. Fill the Participation Form and get it duly certified
5. Send the entries
a. Hard copy of the entries to be sent to Ankur Learning Solutions Pvt Ltd, # 4, Nowroji Road, Chetput, Chennai 600 031
b. Soft copy of the story (in a word file) and drawing (in jpg format only), to be mailed to email@example.com
6. The entries should reach us on or before 15th July 2016
Please read FAQs for further clarifications or mail your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Check List for Entries
- Story – typed on one side of A4 sheet with double spacing
- Hard copy of the drawing
- Participation form, duly filled and certified by the school principal and parent/guardian (For multiple authors – separate form is required for each author)
What YOU Get?
You become A CHILD AUTHOR and YOUR STORY will find place in an e-book published under children’s favourite brand Ankur
Terms of participation:
1) Selection of stories will be done by a panel of experts
2) Authors of short-listed stories shall be interviewed before final selection
3) Decision of the panel will be final and binding
4) No correspondence is encouraged in this regards
5) Only one entry per child is accepted. Sending multiple entries may lead to disqualification of all the entries
6) A story can have a maximum of three authors
7) Entries without duly certified participation form will not be entertained
8) Ankur Learning Solutions Pvt Ltd., reserves the right to add/modify/relax the terms and conditions as it deems fit, without prior notification. The revised norms if any, updated in the company’s website shall be binding
9) By sending in entries, the participants unconditionally grant to Ankur Learning Solutions Pvt Ltd, its affiliated companies and necessary sub-licensees permission to use the same in a manner it deems fit including, without limitation, the rights (without payment of compensation to the participant) to copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate and reformat the entries
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What is Ankur Katha?
Ankur Katha is a one of its kind story writing events for school children, where stories by the children and for the children are brought out as a book, providing opportunity to become child authors
- Who can participate in Ankur Katha 2015?
Any child studying in grades 1 to 12, anywhere in India, can participate in this event
- Can there be more than one author per story?
Yes. A story can have one, two or three authors. We indeed encourage children to work in teams of two or three to come up with wonderful stories and illustrations. Together Everyone Achieves More
- Should the authors of the story belong to same class or school?
Not required. The authors can belong to different schools and/or classes. However, each author needs to submit a separate participation form duly filled and signed.
- Can an entry have only a story without illustration (drawing)?
Each entry needs to have a story and a colourful illustration that go with the story.
- Should the original drawing be sent along with the story?
A coloured photocopy of the drawing may be submitted along with the story. On selection of the story, the original drawing may be submitted for publishing.
- Do we need to submit both the hard copy and soft copies?
1. Hard copy of the entries to be sent to Ankur Learning Solutions Pvt Ltd., S.K Enclave, No 4, Nowroji Road, Chetput, Chennai 600 031
2. Soft copy of the story (in a word file) and drawing (in jpg format only), to be mailed to email@example.com
- Are there any restrictions in drawings?
The children may use crayons, colour pencils, paints, sketch pens, shade colours, etc., in their drawings.
The only condition being that the drawing should be of the dimension 1:1.5
- Should the author appear in person for the interview?
The authors of selected entries will be interviewed over phone, if required
- What should be the size of the story?
The story can be to a maximum of 500 words. Shorter the sweeter
- What are the criteria for short listing an entry?
1.The entries will be shortlisted based on the creativity, originality, thought flow, grammar, vocabulary and presentation in the story
2.Relevance and relativity of the drawing to the story shall be seen apart from other criteria generally used for evaluating a drawing
- What is the last date for sending the entries?
The entries should reach us on or before 15th July 2016
- Where do we submit the entries?
1. All the entries (Hard copies) have to be sent only to Ankur Learning Solutions Pvt Ltd., S.K Enclave, No 4, Nowroji Road, Chetput, Chennai 600 031
2. Soft copy of the story (in a word file) and drawing (in jpg format only) to be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org