“A man and his son were walking in the forest. Suddenly the boy tripped and, feeling a sharp pain, he screams “AHHHH!” Surprised, he hears a voice coming from the mountain, “AHHHH!”
Filled with curiosity, he screams: “Who are you?”, but the only answer he receives is, “Who are you?”. This makes him angry, so he shouts, “You are a coward!” and the voice answers “You are a coward!”. He looks at his father and asks “Dad what’s going on?”
“Son,” the man replies, “pay attention.” Then he screams, “I admire you!” The voice answers, “I admire you!”. The father shouts, “you are wonderful!” and the voice answers, “you are wonderful!”
The boy is surprised but still can’t understand what is going on.
The father explains, *”People call this an ECHO, but truly it is LIFE. Life always gives you back what you give out. Life is a mirror of your actions.*
If you want more love, give more love. If you want more kindness, give more kindness. If you want understanding and respect, give understanding and respect. If you want people to be patient with you, then be patient with them.
This rule of nature applies to every aspect of our lives. Life always gives you back what you give out… Your life is not a coincidence, but a mirror of your own doings. Choose your ECHO!”
This story has suddenly become viral on whatsapp, FB and other social media.
There’s more to this story.
Many a time we get from life what we did not give.
- We wonder “why me?”
- We ask “what have I done to undergo this?”
- “Why are we hearing the ECHO of what we have not said?”
The answer is simple –
- Time for the echo to reach us in life varies. Sometimes it may take a lifetime or more. In the scriptures it’s described in detail as part of the science of Karma – Karma phala (Action-Result).
- Since we don’t know what we have said in the past, an essential Life-Skill is to prepare for handling the echo that is about to be heard in future.
- ADAPT – ADJUST – ACCOMODATE is the essential Mantra given by Swami Satyananda founder of Bihar School of Yoga to prepare for the future. Through Jiva Vigyan, we empower people to ADAPT – ADJUST – ACCOMODATE.
- Another aspect to PREPARE for the Future is as said in the story – CHOOSE what you shout now. Choose your Echo (Future) Now.